CSCI regularly surprises our customers with our ability to design customized business intelligence solutions with efficient, scalable architectures, making it possible to access disparate data and obtain answers to mission-critical questions.
Some of our notable business intelligence implementations include the development of executive dashboards and financial reporting tools for Federal and State agencies.
For example, CSCI assisted the Business Transformation Agency in developing an Executive Dashboard for the Undersecretary of Defense Comptroller. This business intelligence tool displays financial performance metrics of a $3.4 trillion budget. Due to its enormous success, the project was featured on CNN (View Video) and in the Washington Post (View Article) for its innovation and complexity.
As another example, CSCI introduced business intelligence technologies to the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT). We developed INDOTAnswers, an executive dashboard utilized to improve project and fiscal tracking practices.
Examples of our business intelligence services include, but are not limited to:
- Trained and certified in leading business intelligence technologies including Cognos, Business Objects, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Crystal Reports and Informatica
- Architecting and engineering robust customized dashboards with drill-down capabilities
- Incorporating high performance scalability for large data sets and large user volumes
- Engineering business intelligence tools to fully automate and integrate end-to-end business processes
- Integrating the latest mobile technologies including Droid and iPhone features
- Integrating GIS Mapping functionality
- Developing advanced interactive reporting features and detailed metrics
- Utilization of Semantic web technologies
CSCI analyzes existing report query workflows and interprets data analytic structures to develop a flexible enterprise data warehouse framework. We have direct experience setting up repositories, creating and managing metadata, and performing data cleansing, integration, and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes. CSCI engineers efficient architecture, incorporating data from key source systems and ensuring that the data is easily accessed and consistently reproduced.
Examples of our data warehousing services include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and implementing data warehouses with the latest technologies, including integration and reporting services
- Designing and implementing data ETL processes
- Designing and developing dimensions, cubes, unified dimensional modules, and other objects
- Designing dimension entities/tables and establishing one-to-many relationships with the fact entity/table